Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Just dont ask okay....

To far flung friends, please resist the urge to ask if I had a good christmas, or indeed a happy new year (which is a few days away still). I'm having issues, or rather my company did. Due to not filing a tax return for me in the USA there have been worries about successful completion of the immigration process on the visa side.. so despite nothing having gone wrong, the lawyers have decided to do the best thing which is to avoid the "yet" part involved in nothing having gone wrong.. so, I'm back in the UK.

For at least six weeks.

Oh happy happy me... having missed christmas with friends and loved ones, the only consolation I have is that it's been nice seeing dad again, and at least it gives me a chance to sort things out packing and storage wise. I guess we'll find out what happens next.

Anyway, I'm extremely upset, fed up, and not exactly full of Christmas cheer.. especially as my Porsche battery is flat and the thing commits suicide as soon as it's been left alone for more than 7 days.. so I have to speak to a nice man my dad knows about getting the battery hooked up.

Biggest issue with things right now is that there's no instant hot water, instant heat or any network connection at my dads. So I'm missing shower, warmth and general connectivity to loved ones and far flung friends.

All is not well in Leeland.. evil storms loom.

No comments: