Thursday, December 7, 2006

Uneventful Events

I've spent most of this week at an event in downtown Seattle which has been utterly pointless.. three days of Sales and Marketing for no reason because it's either recycled content or could have been delivered via a webcast or even just a simple recorded livemeeting.

On the plus side I've had the opportunity to catch up with work colleagues from elsewhere in the world, our Security expert was in town from the Netherlands.. terribly clever chap, spent most of the time explaining Morphic Resonance to our bewildered looking marketing VP who'd travelled all the way up here from Texas. Sometimes these events can be an opportunity to meet new people and make new friends in the industry.. this time I've made a new friend in the form of Tania, who's all the way from Aussie land but works for one of our competitors, but we wont hold that against her!

In other news of what's been going on with me this week, im irritated because my dad still hasnt bothered to get his passport sorted, and he's supposed to be coming over here for Crimble! I'm annoyed because the company forgot to pay my cost of living allowance towards my rent for December, so that made things VERY expensive this month.. not good with it being the season to be jolly and all..

No comments: