Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Liver is evil... it must be killed...

I seem to be developing a wine habit.. coupled with my coffee habit I'm not sure if I'm just balancing out the evil which is caffeine with the good stuff that is red wine. Either way I'm probably charging head long to my first heart attack, at least I gave up the nicotene... mmmm nicotene.. tiny white sticks of satin textured joy. Come to think of it I've had my most brilliant moments induced chemically by coffee and tar. The coffee is at least socially acceptable though so fear not folks I will not be returning to the smokes!

The weekend was pretty good, numerous birthday celebrations at wallet crushing level (curse the fact I have taste!), but for the first time in a long time I actually find myself with a genuine social life.. usually it just bleeds into work and it becomes this congealed mess of answering email from a sofa in a lounge bar somewhere (deeply confusing when you're also jet lagged, outlook should have drunk mailling filters!). Amongst the various activities of last weekend I took my friend from Oiiirrrrrrrrissssssh land up to Mout Rainier, which was closed. Yep, still rotten conditions so the roads are all closed off, so we ended up at the bottom of Crystal Mountain with me grumbling that I wasnt snowboarding and that the conditions were actually really nice, and it was the last day of the season. So I was really fed up and grumpy.. until I started snickering uncontrollably at the huge sign that said "Ride Crystal", which is a bit of an in joke but trust me, extremely funny!

Anyway, hurrah for socialness.. this weekend will involve being thrashed at pool, sucking at X360 and probably yet more wine!

This week will be busy, several of my bosses are in town for an event in Seattle which means frequent unpleasant commutes and almost zero time spent with my new girl.

Oh well, first business of the day.... more coffee!

No comments: