Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Taxes, forms and more forms..

I hate government forms, I mean really really hate them. It's all I seem to have been doing this year, between filling out immigration forms, social security forms, banking, and now I've had to do my US taxes. This is the first time I've ever had to do taxes.. And now I have to do them in two countries!?

So.. Today has mostly been a case of sitting and answering questions like "if you live near a river but are not blind, and once met somebody called Simon on a bus…".

Oh and I'm hungry, and my head feels fluffy.. I forgot to eat anything yesterday and then ended up at 10:30 dropping three martini's into my stomach with friends.. It all seemed fine and then it kinda hit me at once when my stomach realised that the Martini wasn’t in fact food, and didn’t offer any nutritional value.

Right, enough rambling.. It's not going well. I hate taxes, and one of my closest work colleagues was laid off about 3 hours ago, which came as a shock, both to him and me as I had no idea!

I still haven't made my mind up about the pc either..

3 comments:

polyGeek said...

Don't forget that you have to have your tax returns signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat and recycled as
firelighters . . . before April 16th.

Nix said...

I knew it... damn Vogon's :)

JillyFlorio said...

Don't forget the blood. Signed in blood. Lots of it. If you include a packet of freshly drawn plasma you won't get an audit, BTW. It's an industry secret.