Tuesday, April 3, 2007

It Lives (again!)

Yes yes, I know flip all posting activity for months, but I'm making a start again.


I'm finally settled in WA, but now going through the hell of trying to lease a car, which is proving very hard to do when you dont have a) US Credit, and b) a driving license. Ah well, yet more tribulations.


I've been playing with Twitter as well, introduced to me by a splendid chap in the building I now live in who's become my consistent pool based arch-enemy (I've been repeatedly thrashed over the last few days). I've come to realise by messing about with Twitter, looking at my own blog, and my RSS feeds and I think I'm now addicted to information. Seriously it's not just the news and happenings of the industry... I get frustrated trying to get hold of friends, when I need to ask the all important questions like "where do I buy a duvet?". I want somebody to give me advice on building up my US Credit rating, I want somebody to tell me everything about how car leases work and how I get round some of the dodgy bits of the lease to match my visa.


In short I want all information to any question I might have, either social or otherwise within a few clicks. I love the fact that Twitter lets me post, and will update me using text messages from my cell phone. I'm greedy, and espeically lazy. I want to know if stores have things in stock before I get to them (you try directing a sales pleb through the various shelves of the local Whole Foods wine department looking for Bogle Petit Syrah Port).. not too much to ask is it?


What?


It is?


Well screw you hippy! I'm going to go and build my own web thingy, with hookers, and blackjack! Actually some kind of Twitter + Blog + Search + Froogle might work... hmmmmm


Ah well. Off to Target to find a duvet (that costs less than $200).

2 comments:

polyGeek said...

Something tells me that you and I will be first in line when we can get a neural implant interface to the Internet. I like the acronym: Niii. We are the cyborgs who say "Niii!". :-)

JillyFlorio said...

So those of us who don't get the implant: second class citizens? Steerage? I don't like where this is going. [insert long-suffering techophobe grumble]